**Microsoft Cloud App Security** is a comprehensive service that provides deeper visibility, comprehensive controls, and improved protection for your cloud applications. Cloud App Security is designed to help you extend the visibility, auditing, and control you have on-premises to your cloud applications.
* Cloud Discovery, which identifies all cloud use in your organization, including Shadow IT reporting and control and risk assessment
* Data Protection, which enables admins to monitor and control data in the cloud by gaining visibility, enforcing DLP policies, alerting and investigation
* Threat Protection, that detects anomalous use and security incidents. Use behavioral analytics and advanced investigation tools to mitigate risk and set policies and alerts to achieve maximum control over network cloud traffic.
* Provides a comprehensive view into cloud usage across the whole organization
* Integrates easily with over identity and security solutions
* Simple to deploy and manage
Cloud App Security allows you to shape your cloud environment with granular controls and use out-of-the-box or custom policies for data sharing, and data loss prevention (DLP). In addition, you can identify high-risk usage and security incidents, detect abnormal user behavior, and prevent threats.
Discovery tools collect information from firewalls and proxies to know which cloud apps are in use—identifying over 13,000 apps—to assess risk. No agents required. Through deep integration, Cloud App Security provides advanced security management capabilities for Office 365 apps. You can also set policies and enforce them right away on your cloud apps—whether from Microsoft or third parties.
Offering a simple deployment and management process, Cloud App Security is scalable, non-intrusive, and integrates with your current solutions—including existing security information and event management systems, identity and access management, single sign-on, and analytical solutions.
Cloud App Security works together with our current identity and security solutions—including Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics, and Azure Rights Management—to deliver a holistic, agile, and comprehensive security platform for today’s businesses.