Microsoft Project Online
Microsoft Project Online is a flexible online solution for Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and everyday work. It provides powerful project management capabilities for planning, prioritizing, and managing projects and project portfolio investments—from almost anywhere on almost any device.
Microsoft Project Online is a flexible online solution for Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and everyday work. Project Online provides powerful project management capabilities for planning, prioritizing, and managing projects and project portfolio investments—from almost anywhere on almost any device. Project Online can be used by administrators, portfolio managers and viewers, project and resource managers, and team leads and members.
- Project, task, and time management
- Demand Management
- Resource, program, and portfolio management
- Customization and integration
- Security, user, and service management
- Easy to start, simple to use, and vice versa
- Take the pain out of painstaking projects
- Promotes collaboration
- Helps keep project on track
- Ties in with Power BI for improved project visibility
Project Online is built on the SharePoint platform, and it stores data in the SharePoint data store. Project Online is available through subscriptions of Microsoft Project Plan 1, Microsoft Project Plan 3, or Microsoft Project Plan 5. Team member functionality for Project Online is available through a ?Project Online Essentials subscription, which gives team members a web interface to perform task and time updates in Project Online. Project Online Essentials enables the following Project Online functions:
- Use a web-based interface
- Update tasks, issues, and risks
- Submit timesheets
- Share documents and collaborate with Microsoft Teams users
Project Plan 1 includes basic project management functionality, and enables users to start quickly and manage projects easily via a web browser. It includes enhanced project visibility through grid, board, and timeline views, integration with Microsoft Teams to promote collaboration, and coauthoring features that enable stakeholders and team members to edit and update task lists and protect schedules simultaneously.
Project Plan 3 enables users to execute projects with ease with familiar scheduling tools through their choice of the web browser or desktop client. Users get powerful project management and publishing in the cloud, to help keep projects, resources, and teams organized and on track.
- Use easy and efficient planning and status tracking, plus scheduling and costing
- Collaborate with others from virtually anywhere
- Assign resources with resource management capabilities
- Each subscription license allows for up to five concurrent installations of the Project Online desktop app
Project Plan 5 allows organizations to guide any project with a cloud-based project and portfolio management solution that’s perfect for portfolio and resource managers, and solution administrators. Project Plan 5 includes everything in Project Plan 3, plus:
- Demand management
- Enterprise resource management
- Portfolio analysis and optimization