Symantec Email Safeguard.cloud
Symantec Email Safeguard.cloud combines spam and virus filtering with content and image control.
Symantec Email Safeguard.cloud helps to protect the network and end users from potentially harmful viruses and spam, while enabling better control over content flowing into and out of the organization.
- Virus and spam protection captures over 99% of spam (95% for email with double-byte characters) and protects against 100% of known and unknown viruses delivered via email
- Data and image control blocks users from sending and receiving unauthorized or inappropriate content
- Message encryption via TLS or Policy-based Encryption Essentials automatically encrypts outbound mail based on pre-set policies
- Comprehensive mail platform support including Microsoft Office 365, Google Apps, on-premises or hosted Microsoft Exchange, and other mailbox services
- Blocks email-borne threats, including spam, viruses, and other malware before they reach the network
- Protects the business from loss or theft of confidential and proprietary information
- Enables organizations to enforce acceptable usage policies and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Helps businesses to reduce storage, bandwidth, and maintenance costs
Symantec Email Safeguard.cloud provides industry-leading inbound email security powered by the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, which gathers threat information from millions of desktops, servers, and networks, and Skeptic, a proprietary scanning technology that examines multiple attributes of an email to look for anomalies. Together, these technologies provide 100% protection against known and unknown email viruses and have a 99% spam capture rate, as defined in the Symantec service level agreement.
The robust package also includes Email Data Protection, which identifies and controls confidential or inappropriate email content sent to or received by an organization. Furthermore, Image Control scans emails and attachments to identify, control, and block inappropriate images from entering or leaving the organization.
Businesses can also ensure the security of confidential business data through encryption features including Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Policy-based Encryption Essentials.