May 16, 2018
With all the recent large-scale data breaches in the news, it comes as no surprise that legislation is being passed to better protect customer and employee data. Case in point, the EU's General Data Protection Regulation ([GDPR](http://go.pax8.com/may-security)) goes into effect in just a few days-May 25, 2018.
Under the new legislation, those found to be out of compliance with the newly enacted regulation could be fined up to [€20 million](https://www.gdpreu.org/compliance/fines-and-penalties/), or 4% of their global revenue. Despite potentially high fines, only (https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252439872/Most-firms-will-not-be-GDPR-ready-by-compliance-deadline)% of affected companies surveyed report having the systems in place to meet GDPR compliance standards.
**Bridge the Gap with SEP Mobile**
Keeping mobile devices secure is a big part of GDPR compliance. If your customers access their email or important business information from mobile devices, each of those devices needs to have the right security solutions in place to prevent accidental exposure of sensitive data.
**Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile (or SEP Mobile):**
* Protects mobile and remote devices against emerging threats
* Minimizes risk of devices being hacked
* Integrates with complementary solutions to form a complete security stack
* To learn more about this and other solutions to help you prep for GDPR compliance, [register](http://go.pax8.com/Symantec-Mobile) for the How to secure your mobile endpoints with Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Mobile" webinar.
**[Gartner](https://www.gartner.com/smarterwithgartner/is-the-cloud-secure/) predicts cloud security to rise:**
* In 2018, the 60% of enterprises that implement appropriate cloud visibility and control tools will experience one-third fewer security failures.
* Through 2020, public cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) workloads will suffer at least 60% fewer security incidents than those in traditional data centers.
* Through 2022, 95%+ of cloud security failures will be the customer's fault.
What can we take away from this? A couple things. First, data security in the cloud is getting better. Second, your customers are the biggest threat to keeping sensitive data safe. To prevent customers from unwittingly lowering their system's defenses, choose solutions with strong access monitoring and risk controls.
**Build Your Security-as-a-Service Practice with Pax8**
Pax8 delivers a holistic approach to [security](http://go.pax8.com/may-security). You can cherry-pick a few security solutions to start with, then grow those solutions into a comprehensive security stack using our curated list of complementary security solutions.
Making the up-selling and cross-selling experience easier, Pax8 recently introduced [Pax8 Stax](https://www.pax8.com/#/stax)™, a tool that's free to partners and visually highlights new opportunities within your existing customer base. To learn more about the benefits of becoming a Pax8 partner, explore our [Cloud Wingman partner program](https://www.pax8.com/#/partnerprogram) now.